Little Learners Nursery Clothing Recommendations
Indoor / outdoor clothes and spare clothes suitable for the comfort of children.
There isn’t a right or a wrong way to dress the child for kindergarten, however, we recommend:
- Preschool children to wear clothes and shoes they can get on and off themselves, to help promote their independence
- Children who are in the process of renouncing diapers should wear clothes that can be easily removed, to allow independence and for the process to be successful
- The youngest children should wear clothes in which they can easily move, that allow them to easily crawl and stand up
- The kindergarten offers children aprons for creative activities such as cooking, painting and glueing, but nonetheless, accidents always happen! This is why all children should have spare clothes! We encourage all children to pro-actively participate in all the activities.
- All children need comfortable interior footwear
- Pre-Nursery and Nursery groups need pyjamas
There are very few weather conditions that stop children from enjoying outdoor play. They just need the right clothes! To allow children from our kindergarten to safely and proactively participate in outdoor play (due to changing weather conditions), we ask for your support in providing the following for your child:
- Clothes suitable for rainy days: raincoats and rainboots
- Clothes suitable for cold days: jackets, hats, gloves and scarves.
- Clothes suitable for sunny days: sun hats (preferably sun hats that can cover the back of the neck as well).